A Perfect Ultimate Turkey Itinerary for 10 Days
Do you want to plan a Turkey Itinerary for 10 Days? But not assured of yourself where to begin with. Many questions would come to your mind such as what to do, how many days should be spent in a particular city, where to stay, and most importantly how to get around in Turkey.
A land with a turquoise shoreline, legendary Cappadocia landscapes, ancient city ruins, and busy alleys of Istanbul is named Turkey.
So, a lot to offer in Turkey. The period covering 10 days in Turkey Itinerary will be a breakthrough in the eye-catching views, historic locations, top tourist spots, dainty cuisine, and much more.
Additionally, tourists move around Turkey by car, bus, or train and start their journey to Istanbul. In this Turkey Itinerary for 10 Days, our concentration would be on how to spend days, travel tips, as well as where to stay, and what to visit in Turkey.
Plus, every Turkey Itinerary plan should be intended to make accommodation and transportation easy. You can follow the below-mentioned, Turkey 10 Days Itinerary If this is your first experience visiting Turkey.
|Table of contents|
|1. Plan 10 Days trip to Turkey travel Itinerary|
1.1 Day 1 Arrived in Istanbul
1.2 Day 2 Explore Istanbul and afternoon go to Izmir
1.3 Day 3 Take a trip to Ephesus city
1.4 Day 4 Take a Trip from Ephesus to Pamukkale
1.5 Day 6 Plan a trip from Antalya to Cappadocia
1.6 Day 7 to 8 Tour of Hot Air Balloons And Cappadocia
1.7 Day 9 to 10 Back to Istanbul
2. Final Thoughts
Plan 10 Days trip to Turkey travel Itinerary
Day 1 Arrived in Istanbul
Since Istanbul is not the Turkey capital, you can think it is the cultural capital. Istanbul has the bustling and largest airport in Europe namely Istanbul New Airport. So, you will have plenty of choices!
After arrival, stay at a hotel and chill out. Nevertheless, you will boost your 10-day Turkey Itinerary. It begins with Istanbul in its historic hub brightly and early.
You can discover this city on foot If you have canny walking shoes. If not, then use transportation to get around the tourist spots in Istanbul.
Day 2 Explore Istanbul and afternoon go to Izmir
Have a popular Turkish breakfast in the morning where you are staying. And start exploring tourist attractions like Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, and Basilica Cistern in the historic city of Istanbul.
You won’t require any public transportation to move from one place to another, since, these are situated close to each other. Prefer to stay in the Sultan Ahmed area.
In the late afternoon, reach Izmir by a flight, and have a nocturnal stay at Selcuk Town or Kusadasi.
- Avoid staying in Izmir City to get your schedule intact.
- Selcuk Town lies near the Ancient city of Ephesus, so it would be better for a nighttime stay.
- There are two airports in Istanbul: Istanbul New Airport and Sabiha Gokcen Airport. So, If you are looking for domestic flights, check out the Sabiha Gokcen airport.
Day 3 Take a trip to
Ephesus City must be on your 10-Day Turkey Itinerary planner. It counts among the best well-preserved ancient cities ever toured by someone else.
These are some of the highlights of Ephesus you should discover:
- House of Virgin Mary
- Sirince Greek Village
- Library of Celcius
- Amphi-Theatre of Ephesus
- Ephesus Archeological Museum
- It is recommended to visit Ephesus along with a small group as per your budget. Ephesus is lined up with historical spots, stories, and numerous ancient buildings. That way, you can better comprehend the significance and history of Ephesus.
- To refrain from long queues, you can purchase a museum pass in the first place while traveling to Turkey.
- Plus, You can enjoy dinner in any of the restaurants lying at the seaside.
- Visit your favorite spots through rent-a-car or taxi to make your visits cost-effective.
Ephesus was ruled over by the Romans for centuries, and the Greeks originally settled it. So, it brought Christianity to the area.
Day 4 Take a Trip from Ephesus to Pamukkale
The second top tourist place after Ephesus is Pamukkale. Pamukkale encompasses an exotic formation known as travertines. The terraces here will give you a feeling of being in nature loaded with Natural Hot Springs.
- Renting a car seems to be a good option from Day 4.
- Plan a day trip to Pamukkale and then continue your journey to Antalya.
- It would be recommended to depart from Selcuk as soon as practicable as Pamukkale lies 200 km from Ephesus.
Visiting Pamukkale Thermal Pools
Get up early, since you will be left with only one morning to take a tour of Pamukkale hot springs in your Turkey Itinerary for 10 days. You can reach at 6 AM on the Pamukkale grounds If you can catch a 5-minute taxi to the entrance.
On your way to the hilltop, get a chance to see hot air balloons flying over the unique panorama.
Day 5 Trip to Antalya City
The largest Mediterranean city in Istanbul is Antalya. Nowadays, it is a regularly visited city due to its beautiful culture, nature, and amazing beaches. You can check into the below-listed places here.
- Kursunlu Waterfalls
- Kaleici of Antalya
- If you are a beach fancier, then can visit beaches in Kas
- To learn history, visit Aspendos, Side, and Perge
How to Get Around in Antalya:
Antalya is blessed with an energetic and serene old town that sits around the Turkish shoreline, Konyaalti Beach.
In summer, you can get back to the old town by taxi after visiting the beach. If you are a pedestrian and are staying in the outer parts of the old town, then you wander in its boulevards.
The crown jewel of Turkey, Antalya, is a tension-free and bustling metropolis having a turquoise shoreline. Therefore, it boasts a port on account of being an enthralling coastal city. In 200 BC, Greeks basically settled it and then turned up by the Romans.
Tourists plan their beach holidays to soak up the large hold out of sand that beautifies this Mediterranean coastline and the Tauras mountains in the background.
So, Antalya has become a famous tourist attraction in Turkey since the 1980s.
Spending a day at
The pebble beach Konyaalti is a popular tourist place in Antalya, Turkey, for vacationers. It is 7 kilometers in length and offers plenty of services.
You can access the easternmost part of Konyaalti in a matter of 45 minutes If you stop in the old town. But If it seems like an out-of-the-way walk for you, can reach there by city bus.
Exploring Old Town
Antalya’s architecture in the old town is a perfect blend of Roman ruins such as Hadrian’s Gate and well-preserved Ottoman mansions.
The enchanting and full-of-life old town, Kaleici, is nestled on the Antalya clifftop to the east. Be sure, to visit the winding eye-popping streets in the old town.
Moreover, a stroll over the sightseer shore promenade in the Roman Harbor, souvenir purchases, afternoon shopping, and Turkish coffee is not to be missed things in Antalya, Turkey.
Day 6 Plan a trip from Antalya to Cappadocia.
You will get four choices to access Cappadocia. Covering a distance of almost 580 km from Antalya to Cappadocia. You can drive on your own through the Rent a Car option If you have rented a car already.
A private transfer seems to be the safest and most relaxing way to access Cappadocia. And from Antalya Airport to Kayseri Erkilet Airport is the flight option and you can look into it.
Furthermore, it takes at least 10 hours to reach Cappadocia from Antalya, If you are choosing an intercity bus.
- You will have three various types of Hotels. Chain Hotels, Cave Hotels, and Stone Hotels. For a unique accommodation experience, it would be recommended to pick up Stone or Cave Hotels options.
- If you do not have documents and a license with you, then do not go for the rental car option for driving long distances.
- If you are driving on your own or booking a private transfer, do not miss out on the Mevlana Museum and Konya City while traveling to Cappadocia.
Day 7 to 8 Tour of Hot Air Balloons And Cappadocia
Count on Cappadocia in the list of exotic destinations around the world. You will definitely get the unforgettable experience of visiting this excellent destination. Therefore, it has brought much more tourism to Turkey.
Have a Hot Air Balloon Flight on your very first day in the morning. Then in the North of Cappadocia, you will explore the highlights such as:
- Pasabag Village
- Gerome Open Air Museum
- Derwent Valley
- Avanos Village
- Rock Formations
Afterward, enjoy the dinner of your interest in the night. Discover the Southern Cappadocia the next day like:
- Valley of Doves
- Cavusin Castle
- Kaymakli or Derinkuyu underground cities
- Red Valley
Finally, take a flight from Cappadocia to Istanbul to end your trip here.
- If you stop in any of the Chain Hotels, nothing to see on the outskirts of the Hotel. Since these Chain Hotels are located outside the Cappadocia Hub, so, are they are sort of things offering the natural texture of Cappadocia.
- It is recommended that you book your Balloon Tour already a couple of months as a minimum. If you are visiting Cappadocia in summer, it is so difficult to find one. Undoubtedly, Hot Air Balloons Flight is a beloved and famous activity here.
- Moreover, If your Hot Air Balloon Tour is exterminated on account of bad weather, then you can get a second opportunity the next morning.
Day 9 to 10 Back to Istanbul
Istanbul, the largest in Turkey is filled with history and culture. We have listed above some of the paradigmatic places to consider while staying in Istanbul:
- Topkapi Palace
- Grand Bazaar etc
Additionally, If you have an abundance of time you can manage your tour easily. You can visit other places and perform activities like:
- Chora Museum
- Dolmabahce Museum
- Cooking Class
- Bosphorus Cruise
That way, you can better plan your 10 Days Turkey Itinerary!
- Staying in a Metropol city with which people are not completely familiar might result in problematic issues for guests. So, consider staying in reputable, popular, and centrally located hotels in Istanbul.
- If it is possible for you to take a guided tour to Istanbul, you should consider that one.
- Refrain from taking a taxi in Istanbul
- Furthermore, you may miss out on the International flight, If you keep Istanbul at the start of your plan. This may cause your domestic flight to be revoked. So, avoid it.
You may notice that the Turkey Itinerary for 10 Days literally requires serious planning and contains various aspects such as flights, tours, accommodations, entrances to Museums, and transportation.
You can opt for guided tours to visit less-known places like Istanbul to avoid problems. Plus, you can book Rent a car, buy bus tickets, and book your flights as well as hotels to make your 10 Days Turkey Itinerary a comfier one.
Be sure, to carefully use different modes of transportation. You may book a private transfer where possible.
Sit and plan your wonderful journey to Turkey that will make sense to accomplish your dreams.